Eaton Corporation makes the Apple iPad as powerful a tool for specifying and selling hydraulics products as it is for education, entertainment and social networking. With the new Eaton app PowerSource™, Eaton sales representatives and distributors can now search, spec and sell smarter and faster than before, fundamentally changing how they interact with customers and where they work.
By providing virtually instant access to in-depth and up-to-date information on Eaton’s more than 200,000 hydraulic products, PowerSource gives the Eaton sales and distribution teams a competitive edge and dramatically enhances their ability to respond quickly to customer needs and reduce buying cycle time.
“PowerSource supports customers’ speed-to-market initiatives,” said Scott Pharis, Eaton channel marketing manager. “It puts everything our customers need onto today’s most contemporary platform, reflecting the same commitment to innovation that characterizes the Eaton technologies that help them manage power more efficiently, effectively and safely.”
PowerSource takes full advantage of the iPad’s functionality, viewing modes and multi-paned touch navigation to deliver product literature, competitive cross-references, training and product videos, company news and more. Features include:
- Current technical specs and ordering lead times on more than 200,000 Eaton products
- More than 40,000 crimp specs, available by product line, hose series, hose size and fitting size
- Fast and easy competitive parts cross-referencing
- Intelligent configuration so complicated assemblies can be easily specified and priced
- 3D modeling, allowing parts to be viewed from any angle
- A search function for parts by product type, product line or application requirement
- Local data storage that updates automatically every week
- A news feed on the latest new products from Eaton
- A GPS function that instantly locates the nearest Eaton sales representative or distributor
Available exclusively to Eaton sales teams and distributors, PowerSource was introduced at the company’s recent fall distributor meeting. The application is among the leading-edge apps included in Apple’s new Volume Purchasing Program for business-to-business apps.
“With this exciting new application, we’re breaking new ground by demonstrating that the mobile channel can be effective for more than consumer apps,” said Eric Stager, Eaton product manager, Web and Mobile, Industrial Sector. “Creating great products is only half the challenge – presenting them in new, engaging ways is the other half.”