Manual heat insert driver
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.0
The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction