Creaform’s HandySCAN 3D wins prestigious award
Mike McLeodGeneral Creaform metrology
The Red Dot Award recognizes the HandySCAN 3D impressive industrial design that offers an unmatched user experience.
Creaform announced that it has won the venerable Red Dot Award: Product Design for 2015, which benchmarks and recognizes the innovation efforts of forward-thinking companies in product development and design. In its 60th year, the Red Dot is the largest and one of the most influential independent product competitions in the world.
This year, Red Dot received nearly 5000 entries from over 1900 participants.
The HandySCAN 3D, a fast and reliable self-positioning metrology-grade scanner for industrial applications, was acclaimed for its forward-thinking design that truly fulfills customer needs:
- In-line configuration, compact and lightweight design for maximum freedom of movement
- Designed to ensure intuitive ease of use and speed of execution
- Bellows to protect from dust infiltration to maximize use in all environments
- Unprecedented speed and accuracy, regardless of ambient conditions
- Integrated color LED distance meter informing users of proper scanning distance without deviating their focus from the object
- Multi-grip handle aligned with the scanner’s gravity center
- Multi-function buttons ensuring increased user efficiency and complete integration with Creaform’s 3D software platform, VXelements
True portability and ability to withstand even the most complicated measurement environments, including production shop floors, hard-to-reach places and harsh outdoor conditions, allow the HandySCAN 3D scanners can be used in a variety of applications, including design, prototyping, testing and simulation, assembly and production, quality control, reverse engineering, architecture and preservation, restoration and digital archiving.
“We had to set aside our current paradigms and challenge each aspect of the product’s design to meet the evolving needs of our current clients—and particularly unspoken needs of various market segments as a whole” explained François Lessard, Nicolas Lebrun and Yoakim Martin, the two industrial designers and mechanical engineer who spearhead the HandySCAN 3D’s design and mechanical development. “We are thrilled that our design and technical prowess in 3D measurement technologies has been acknowledged by such a reputable organization.”
“This recognition underscores the hard work of our employees as well as just how attuned our R&D is to market needs. Creaform is continuing to redefine 3D measurement—and the Red Dot Award: Product Design for 2015 is a testament to this excellence,” said Simon Côté, Product Manager for the HandySCAN 3D.
For more information, visit www.creaform3D.com.