Stratasys to increase stake in Xaar 3D

3D printer maker looks to accelerate development of Xaar’s High Speed Sintering process.

0 September 23, 2019
by DE Staff

Stratasys announced it will increase Stratasys’s stake in Xaar 3D, a maker of 3D printing print heads, from 15 to 45 percent, with an option for Stratasys to acquire the remaining 55 percent of Xaar 3D shares at a future date.

Stratasys says its investment is intended to enable Xaar 3D to accelerate the development of its High Speed Sintering AM process, a technology designed for end-use parts in low-to-medium production volumes, primarily in the industrial segment.

Xaar plc and Stratasys announced the formation of Xaar 3D Ltd in July 2018. The purpose of the joint investment is to develop High Speed Sintering additive manufacturing solutions for Stratasys to bring to market.

“We look forward to continue developing the technology together with Xaar and believe the combined expertise of both parties will lead to exploitation of the technology’s promising potential.” said Omer Krieger, EVP Products. “This continues our company’s strategy of complementing our own robust R&D efforts with partnerships and investments in other innovative companies to develop new capabilities and products that create new value to our customers.”
www.xaar.com


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*