Newark element14 signs agreement with Autodesk
Newark element14 has announced the launch of a partnership with Autodesk.
This will expand the company’s product offering to include mechanical design software in addition to its robust portfolio of embedded, test and EDA design software.
The partnership will initially focus on six product lines, including Autodesk Fusion 360, AutoCAD LT and more. In addition, through technology collaboration formed between CadSoft, developers of the EAGLE PCB design software, and Autodesk, Newark element14 will also offer an integrated and comprehensive ECAD-MCAD Design Suite.
Autodesk Fusion 360 brings CAD, CAE and CAM together in the cloud. The integrated, connected and accessible platform allows users to take a design from concept to physical product.
In addition, Autodesk has collaborated with CadSoft Computer to create a seamless electronic-to-mechanical integration between EAGLE and Fusion360, greatly simplifying the design work-flow from ECAD to MCAD. Newark element14 will offer Fusion360 an individual product and as part of an exclusive Product Design Suite, which also includes EAGLE Pro from CadSoft Computer and EAGLE’s IDF-to-3D service.
“Our new partnership with Autodesk strengthens Newark element14’s portfolio of professional engineering software and solidifies our position as the destination for engineering software for electronics and industrial engineers alike,” said David Shen, Chief Technology Officer, Premier Farnell.
“As one of the most trusted CAD tool providers in the world for all engineering disciplines, Autodesk’s products complement Newark element14’s existing capabilities and offerings and will also present new mechanical design opportunities for members of our element14 Community.”
The full range of Autodesk products that will be available from Newark element14 include:
• Fusion 360: Fusion 360 brings CAD, CAM and CAE together to provide an end-to-end product development process in a single cloud-based platform.
• ECAD-MCAD Design Suite: 1 year of Fusion 360, EAGLE Pro from CadSoft Computer, and EAGLE’s IDF-to-3D service integrated together to provide innovative designers a single, cohesive solution which greatly simplifies the design workflow.
• AutoCAD LT: Autodesk’s widely-used AutoCAD LT is a design platform technology that allows mechanical design engineers to create and share precise 2D drawings more efficiently.
• AutoCAD Electrical: Part of Autodesk’s Digital Prototyping solution, AutoCAD Electrical provides electrical engineers and electricians with electrical CAD design features in a familiar AutoCAD environment.
• Autodesk Inventor: 3D CAD software for modeling and simulation of designs using freeform, direct and parametric modeling tools.
• AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite: Bundles AutoCAD LT and Inventor to provide users with more design flexibility.
“Autodesk is teaming with Premier Farnell to deliver the software that designers and engineers need to adapt to the emerging future of making things,” said Stephen Hooper, Autodesk’s senior director for manufacturing industry strategy, Autodesk.
“The growth of electronics embedded in end products continues to accelerate, with electronics and PCB design increasingly becoming pivotal within the broader product design workflow. The integration of EAGLE directly into Fusion 360 will give innovative designers a single, cohesive ECAD-MCAD product design solution which greatly simplifies the design workflow.
“Together, we are making these design solutions available to the broader engineering community and providing comprehensive support through Premier Farnell’s sales channels and technical knowledge centers.”